12.31.2003

New Year, Same Thoughts

liza and i talked online for an hour or so while the rest of my family watched "simone." what i thought was weird was that i was just gonna spend the rest of the nite up in my room reading stephen king's "the dark tower," but for some reason i felt like going online, even though i didn't have to do anything whatsoever. and wouldn't you know it, a few minutes after i sign on, liza signs on. just another little sign that makes me believe that we're meant for each other.

i love her, i really do. and by love, i mean i'd do anything for her, and that's an exclusive group in my opinion. i love my family, josh, kyle, andy, and now liza. i would gladly take a bullet for any of those people, they mean that much to me. our relationship is unlike any other in that we said we loved each other a day after we said we were just going to stay friends until we were both in a position to start something serious and meaningful. if that meant waiting ten years, i would grab a comfortable seat and wait for the day. i don't even wanna meet any new girls at state-why would i want to? i have the perfect one waiting for me. josh is gonna be a little pissed, cuz i remember him saying, "well, at least this means we can both go and meet girls now once we're up at state." i just wearily nodded my head, knowing that i would never be able to meet any other girls.

for my sake and for my sanity, i hope these next few years go by fast and that i see liza a few more times. i'll always have pictures and her necklace, but sometimes the real thing is a hundred times better. the next time i will most likely see her will be in june, for andrew's first communion. i never was a big fan of all the little kids coming into the family (especially andrew), but now i am, because it seems that these events are the only time i get to see my love. june, six months away. that isn't so bad, as long as we keep talking until then, the six months will fly by like the time between october and christmas.

i know i keep talking about the necklace, but it's incredibly important to me. i will always wear it, regardless of what clothes i'm wearing. i treat it like a promise to her that i love her and always will, and would never do anything to change that. she is/was my first girlfriend, and her gifts to me were the most thoughtful gifts i've ever received. i kinda felt bad givin her the generic stuff like an ellen degeneres dvd and a book of cezanne's art. at least it seemed generic compared to what she got me. hopefully there'll be more chances for me to correct this.

well that's enough from me, these past few days have been ridiculous. Happy New Year & stay safe.

it's the way she makes me feel
it's the only thing that's real
it's the way she understands
she's my lover she's my friend
when i look into her eyes
it's the way i feel inside
like the man i wanna be
she's all i'll ever need


115am 123103

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home