12.27.2003

12.25-12.27

christmas came and went, but it was nice for the most part. all the family came, we watched tv, played foosball, ping pong, talked, whatever. I was surprised at how nice our house looked with so many people in it. the fireplace was going, the atmosphere was good, the only thing i didn't like was how all the women were standing in the kitchen all but screaming to each other. they didn't have to talk that loud. can't wait til the basement's finished.

but now onto the important stuff. as the evening went on, i started getting a little worried about when liza was going to be coming. 4:00 passed, then 5:00, then 6:00, then 7:00, and finally, around 8, they showed up. if i didn't care about making an ass out of myself, then i would have ran to the door, answered it, and given her the biggest hug i could've mustered. but no, i played it cool, just sat on the couch and waited for them to come in to the main area. i saw paul first, and i was a bit nervous about seein him, what with the whole i'm going out with his little sister thing. he just came and shook my hand, and gave me a little smile, like he was saying, "i know what you're up to, and i don't like it." i just breathed a sigh of relief, thinking, obstacle one is over, now for the rest of her family. the rest of the nite actually went alright, even though liza and i were both pretty shy toward one another. i made the first 'move' when i went and sat next to her while we were watching finding nemo (we both really liked that movie, which is why i stole it from my little cousin to watch it). the rest of the nite was pretty uneventful, and i said good nite to her with the rest of the family, not knowing if i would see her again before she left. jason (my favorite cousin, without a doubt, regardless of the trouble hes had in the past) gave me his cell number and told me to call him tomorrow since liza and her family were stayin at his house in rochester. he and jessica are the only other cousins to know about me and liza. my cousins nicki and steph (they're pretty immature) slept over, so i ended up falling asleep on the floor of the family room, just thinking about liza and wondering if i had missed my chance to even kiss her.

i woke up on the floor and instantly thought about liza. i needed to see her today, soon. i called jason from the library to see what their plans were for the day, and they said nothing, that i could come over whenever. i started planning in my mind how i would get away from the house, and went back home, told my parents i was going to josh's, then got into a fight with them about trust (a story for another day). i stormed out of the house, hung out with josh for a little bit, then printed out directions to and from jason's house. liza called me and asked when i was coming, and i told her i had to go home, take a shower, and get outta there. i went back home and my mom asked me if i was still planning on going to jasons. i said yes, and she told me to stop at nicki's to pick something up. so i had my ticket to go, and all i needed to do was take a shower and figure out a way to take liza's gifts from my room to the car without anyone seeing. after showering i changed, and then uncle charles came over. Yes! now everyone was distracted, so i snuck out the front door with the gifts, ran barefoot to the car, and put them in the trunk. i finally left the house and got more and more excited as i got closer to rochester. i ended up spending way too much time at nicki's, doing absolutely nothing, but i got to jason's around 5.

i felt a little awkward just walking in, because most everyone knew why i was there. we ended up watching malibu's most wanted for a couple hours, then made plans to go to clutch cargo's around 10. i didn't really wanna go, but i felt out of place as it was, so i just went along with it. i started wondering why i even came, but then liza came and sat next to me, like she knew what i was thinking. i felt really comforted when both of our feet were up on the ottoman, just lightly touching. the time came for us to leave, so jason and me and liza went in his car, first to pick up one of his friends. the guy reminded me of an indian old andy- a thug, said fuck every other word, and gave me and liza some laughs. we held hands for a little bit, which was really nice, i felt incredible during that time. when we got to the club, me and liza walked around for a bit before finding a couch to sit on. we pretty much spent the rest of the time on that couch talking, and kissing. i just liked being there with her, something so right about the two of us being together.

we got back around 130, and we still had to give each other our christmas gifts, so the two of us got in my car and drove up to the empty parking lot of the star theatre. i enjoyed her being in the car, because we were finally alone, just the two of us. the gifts she gave me were nothing short of amazing- the necklace she made, which i will wear every day, a small blue stuffed lizard that is just a placeholder until we get the real spike, and a trix cereal bowl, because i'm her silly rabbit. i loved every one of them, they were so thoughtful. then we went to the backseat and just spent an hour together. i was in heaven the whole time she was with me.

we got back and just got ready for sleep- she went to sleep with her mom, and i was in the family room with paul, which i knew wasn't gonna be good, cuz he was going to have a talk with me. he talked about himself for about an hour, and by the end i was fallin asleep, but then he said, "but i guess we should talk about liza now." he had to wake me up. so the short of it is he doesn't think we should "see" each other anymore, just stay good friends. i felt like (and still do) someone threw a brick right at my stomach, and then followed it up with a kick to the face. just terrible. i got back home a few hours ago, and i know my feelings are pretty obvious, i feel like shit. i wish i could just curl up in a corner of my basement and sleep for 3 years, until i can actually see her again. God, i miss her so much already. i can only hope she feels the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home