1.03.2004

some people

Mood: weary
Song: Shadow Of The Sun~Audioslave

just when i thought i couldn't be any more shocked by what my mom has said, she comes out with one today. i decided to tell her that liza and i talk on the phone sometimes, and after about ten minutes of debating in my head, i finally did it:

Me: "guess who called me yesterday while i was hangin out with Josh?" (liza hadn't called me, but i felt this was a plausible story)
Mom: "who?"
Me: "liza." mom just scoffs. "she just wanted to see how my new year went."
Mom: "justin, be careful." (what the hell did she mean by that?"
Me: "we're just friends, we can talk."
Mom: "they've had a pretty rough childhood, especially paul. their family isn't too great." (i was ready to erupt at this, but i kept it in check)
Me: "what are you talking about? it's not their fault."
Mom: "she's older than you." (only by like 3.5 months! damn traditionalists)
Me: "so what, it's only like 4 months."

and then mom talked about how liza's mom left her scarf at the anniversary party and how she seemed to have had a good time dancing. i just smiled at this, but it bothered me more and more as the night went on that she thought liza and her family weren't good enough. i seriously wanted to bring it up later, but then she would have realized that i'm more than friends with liza, so i'll wait til another day to confront her about it.

i mean, what gives her the right to judge people? She's been the same damn housekeeper at the same damn hospital ever since she came to the United States (why not canada?) do i sound like an ungrateful bastard? i know i do, but she shouldn't really judge people, i hate when people do that, especially when they have no right/reason to. pisses me off.

i wanted to talk to liza tonite, but she was in toronto, so we couldn't. sometimes i think i miss her much more than she misses me, but then i realize there's no way of knowing that. after all, she does call me, and i never do- i feel bad, but living under the nazi regime that is my home makes it hard to call someone without being interrogated for it. 85% of me is ready to go back to state, but i still have another damn week here. hope it goes by fast, so i can get everyone off my back and just do my thing on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home