11.03.2003

I'm A Wuss

So i was awake saturday nite, just watching snl, when my cell phone rang. It was liza, so i went outside and answered the phone. She sounded wasted, so i just went along with it. She was at a club, and just had a smirnoff and a shot of JD, and she thought she would call me. That was really sweet of her, it actually did bring a smile to my face.

But, at the back of my mind, i was wondering: What am i doing? Liza is not usually the girl i would like, but i do, i really like her. I mean, she's smoked weed, drinks (not often at all, like every few months, and she stopped with the marijuana), and worst of all, she lives in montreal! This is my first major relationship, and for it to be a long distance one, it really hurts. I wish she were here, it would make things soooo much better. So on the drive back to state last nite, i text messaged her, telling her i needed to talk to her.

Liza called around 1030, and we just talked for a bit, then she asked, "so what did you need to tell me?" So, instead of telling her what was really on my mind, i told her about her my mom mentioned she and her family would be coming for christmas, and how i acted completely oblivious about it. So then she said she'd talk to me later, cuz her sister need to use the phone. I couldn't bring myself to tell her. DAMN IT. I was hurting even more after this, so i went back on the computer, and text messaged her again, telling her i needed to talk again. I was alone in the room, just pacing, lying down, with a single tear welling up in my eye, thinking of what the hell was gonna happen. She didn't call, so i (tried) going to sleep, and just lay there until like 3 am.

The phone woke me up this morning, and i answered it. It was Liza, so i went out in the hall and told her everything that had been on my mind. I needed to say it, it was just building up inside of me. In the end, I realized that breaking up because of distance is a stupid excuse, and that i need to try harder, because it will definitely be worth it in the long run. How long i don't know, but we'll let the future decide that.

During breakfast, the ride to chem and the lecture, i thought about how great i had it, being with a girl like Liza. I text messaged her, and told her so, and it made me feel a lot better. I'm glad we were able to get through this, i really like her. Now i'm much more anxious about Christmas, because i want to see her so bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home