1.11.2004

second semester, about time

Mood: tired but glad to be tired
Song: Needle In The Hay~Elliott Smith

finally, i'm back on campus. i was getting so tired of my family it was ridiculous. i just realized my mom hadn't said one positive thing to me for a week, up until the drive back, when she said i had a good memory. other than that, it's been criticism, so i'm glad to be out of that house, even though it was nice being home and hanging out with andy and kyle. and after kyle wrote those harsh words about me, i'm glad we were able to smooth things out. without those two and josh, i don't know where i'd be. it just feels good to have a solid group of friends, friends that i can trust to be there for me, and i can't say i've ever had that. this month off has made me feel closer to the guys, and it makes me hope we can stay friends as we get older, have family barbecues, go camping, go to Lions games, and of course, poker night. that would be incredible and i'd consider myself an incredibly lucky guy, with the addition of one more thing...

...my Elizabeth. I know i've said this before, but i've fallen in love with her. it's probably hard to believe, but i know in my heart that we were meant to be together. i think about her every minute of the day, and it hurts knowing the distance between us won't become any shorter anytime soon. but then all i have to think about is how it's going to be in a few years, and i feel incredibly better. she is my everything.

it's really amazing how my life has come together so fast. it was around this time last year, just a few days after my 18th birthday that i was questioning who i was, what my purpose was in life, why i still didn't have a definite group of friends that i hung out with on a constant basis (i was torn between the cross country/track guys, but didn't feel like i belonged there, and josh's group of friends, who i never hung out with outside of a lunch setting). i didn't go to senior prom for the same reason; i didn't have a group of friends to go with really, nor a girl that i even thought about asking. that's why i was so glad high school was finally over, because the bad memories far outweighed the good ones- i'm sure i wasn't the only one, i guess i just never thought it would happen to me. everything is so much better now. i don't even care that i don't have any good girl friends, but having andy, kyle, and josh is important to me. Liza was the final piece to the puzzle i thought i would never complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home