8.21.2003

Well, it's one a.m. thursday morning, and I have had my fill of college life for a little while. Today wasn't as hectic as I thought it would be. We got in around 10:30 and had everything in the dorm by 11. I talked with will and his parents, all of whom seem very nice. Will and I have a lot of things in common, so I'm happy that much is going right. Mom, dad, and i went to lunch, and then we bought a bus pass, which i was gonna use to go to josh and casey's, but instead got a ride from mom and dad, who were leaving that way anyway. I hung there for close to two hours, though it didn't seem like it, and Trevor gave me a ride back to Bailey. I sure am gonna miss him- he's a good guy. Hopefully we'll hang out during Labor Day weekend.

I left my key in my room, so I was locked out. So with it being 4 pm and me having nothing better to do, i went to eat dinner, by myself. At first it was kind of depressing, but then i told myself, tough it out- there are a lot of people who are worse off than you. Then this one guy came over (i'm horrible with names- he said it twice and i couldn't remember it, chances are we won't hang out, so no biggie), and we just talked for a little while. I left to go back to my room, to find will and a couple of his friends watching the family guy dvd. Instantly i felt comforted, at home, so that was nice. Then he left, so i had the room to myself for a couple hours- that was incredibly boring. All i did was go online for 15 minutes at a time and watch whatever was on tv. I called josh and casey up again to see what they were up to, and they were gonna head up to a party after i was done with my floor meeting. i really didn't wanna go, but as long as josh was there, i wouldn't mind. At the floor meeting which was at 9:30, i found out that we would have another mandatory meeting over in brody at 10:30, which i was pissed about. So i called case and josh to let them know. After that was over with, me and josh met at the breslin center, and then walked over to the party they were hangin out at.

that party was horrible, and that's where i got my first real taste of college life. Alcohol was flowing, people were havin fun, but i wasn't. We got tired of that, so we walked to the corner shop and got somethin to eat and some pop to drink. We sat on the curb, talking about how we were tired of this place. josh feels really homesick, and so do i, but him moreso. He really wants to be at home; he talks about how he shouldn't be here, how he doesn't fit here. i tried to console him by telling him that after the first week it gets a lot better and more fun for the non-drinkers (hopefully).

Now i'm getting tired, so i'm gonna sleep and hopefully i'll update you on what happens tomorrow. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home